Further Research (MnLINK)
Please note the following if you plan to place a request on MnLINK:
- Select which libraries in the state you want to search. Do not select Viking Library System – you have already searched that catalog.
- De-select Viking Library System.
- Select which libraries in the state you want to search. You may want to search only public or only academic libraries, depending on what you are looking for.
- You must use all 14 digits of your VLS patron barcode to sign into MnLINK.
- When you find the item you want to request from MnLINK, click on the "Get It!" button. The information for the item you want automatically fills the form YOU MUST CHOOSE the pick-up location within Viking Library System so we know where the item needs to go when it comes into our office. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.
- You can track the progress of your requests by logging into MnLINK and selecting “My Requests” from the bar on the left.
- PLEASE NOTE: there are libraries in Minnesota, including some in Viking Library System, that do not lend such items as current best sellers or DVDs. The VLS catalog should give you an immediate message that the item is not available, but MnLINK will not.
If you have questions, please contact VLS at 218/739-5286, or Email Peg Werner